Switchgear Design & Development
We have extensive expertise in the design to manufacture of:
- Vacuum interrupter circuit breakers
- Magnetic Actuator mechanisms
- MV Switchboard panels
- Ring Main Units
- Pole mounted reclosers and switches
- Retro-fit circuit breakers
- Containerised Air Insulated Switchgear
- Integration of Protection and Control systems
Resource support includes:
Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- We use a fully supported suite of SolidWorks Premium 3D CAD software and embedded simulation facilities as well as extended SolidWorks Simulation Professional and Electrostatic analysis software. This includes:
- SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD: Powerful & intuitive 3D design software.
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium: Design analysis software.
- SOLIDWORKS Visualise Professional: Easy-to-use photorealistic rendering.
- SOLIDWORKS Composer: Effective technical communication.
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical: Real-time integration of 2D & 3D electrical system design.
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematics Professional.
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional: Document management.
- MicroStation: BIM ready models.
- SOLIDCAM Mill 2.5D.
- DraftSight: 2D CAD software
Computer Aided Manufacture (CAM)
- From Screen to Machine, complementing the EPS design resources, we also have fully supported SolidCAM software. This enables us to produce all the necessary G-Codes or other codes to manufacture components on a variety of CNC machining centres and lathes. Coupled with our own in house CNC machining centre this enables us to offer innovative designs and fit for purpose rapid prototyping.
Enterprise Product Data Management (ePDM)
- SolidWorks ePDM is primarily used for SolidWorks design files management with EPS' designed workflows, revision control, document traceability and integration with production released drawings.
- ePDM is an all-inclusive application working throughout the company linking designs through to production, external suppliers and clients.
- We are proud to be one of only a few companies offering design and manufacture of rapid prototype parts manufacture using “Fused Deposition Technology”.
- Concept designs, parts and patterns can be made direct from our high end CAD systems enabling functional fit for purpose plastic components to be produced.
- We have two high-end 3D printers to aid prototyping.
Safety by Design
- We use NR safety by design principles (Doc Ref WC03-PSU-SA-REP-005001) putting safety by design as a top priority.
- EPS employs CDM coordinators who plan and ensure all work undertaken is done to the current relevant H&S guidelines. They manage the timely flow of information and report against a H&S project file.
- EPS ensures the activities of the management team for Safety by Design are met at all times ensuring that suitably qualified engineering staff are appointed to the Roles already described above.
- EPS identifies with the client a process map suitable for ensuring that the design and manufacture of the equipment has the necessary checks and balances in place at critical design gates to ensure the design is safe.
- Providing pre-certification testing of medium voltage equipment using our in-house HV test facility capable of testing equipment up to 100kV.
- Dedicated team of engineers who can provide independent FEA studies and HV testing to provide comfort to switchgear designers going for certified testing.