Research, Development & Design
EPS designs new Vacuum Circuit Breakers or improves the performance of existing equipment, offers solutions to other power complex issues, and offers dedicated project management services.
We have extensive expertise in the design to manufacture of:
- Vacuum interrupter circuit breakers
- Magnetic Actuator mechanisms
- Ring Main Units
- Pole mounted reclosers and switches
- Retro-fit circuit breakers
- Containerised Air Insulated Switchgear
- Integration of Protection and Control systems
What we can offer:
- Computer Aided Design (CAD):
- Computer Aided Manufacture (CAM):
- Enterprise Product Data Management (ePDM)
- Rapid Prototyping:
- Safety by Design.
EPS is capable of providing pre-certification testing of medium voltage equipment. We have an in-house HV test facility capable of testing equipment up to 100kV and a dedicated team of engineers who can provide independent FEA studies and HV testing to provide comfort to switchgear designers going for certified testing.
Computer Aided Design (CAD):
EPS remains at the forefront of innovative technology; not only on the products it produces but also the tools it uses to produce these designs and products.
EPS uses a fully supported suite of SolidWorks Premium 3D CAD software and embedded simulation facilities as well as extended SolidWorks Simulation Professional and Electrostatic analysis software.
Computer Aided Manufacture (CAM):
From Screen to Machine, complementing the EPS design resources, we also have fully supported SolidCAM software.
This enables EPS to produce all the necessary G-Codes or other codes to manufacture components on a variety of CNC machining centres and lathes. Coupled with our own in house CNC machining centre this enables EPS to offer innovative designs and fit for purpose rapid prototyping.
Enterprise Product Data Management (ePDM)
SolidWorks ePDM is primarily used for SolidWorks design files management with EPS designed workflows, revision control, document traceability and integration with production released drawings.
ePDM is an all-inclusive application working throughout the company linking designs through to production, external suppliers and clients.
Staying ahead of the game, EPS is one of only a few companies worldwide offering design and manufacture of rapid prototype parts manufacture using “Fused Deposition Technology” for the switchgear industry.
Concept designs, parts and patterns can be made direct from our high end CAD systems enabling functional fit for purpose plastic components to be produced.
Safety by Design:
EPS has adopted the NR safety by design principles (Doc Ref WC03-PSU-SA-REP-005001) putting safety by design as a top priority.
EPS employs CDM coordinators who plan and ensure all work undertaken is done to the current relevant H&S guidelines. They manage the timely flow of information and report against a H&S project file.
As a result the appointed design team will be competent, trained and have access to all the scope of works documents and necessary design standards.
EPS ensures the activities of the management team for Safety by Design are met at all times ensuring that suitably qualified engineering staff are appointed to the Roles already described above.
EPS identifies with the client a process map suitable for ensuring that the design and manufacture if the equipment has the necessary checks and balances in place at critical design gates to ensure the design is safe.
To support the capabilities detailed in previous sections, EPS utilises the following tools and software;
- SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD - Powerful & intuitive 3D design software.
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium - Design analysis software.
- SOLIDWORKS Visualise Professional - Easy-to-use photorealistic rendering.
- SOLIDWORKS Composer - Effective technical communication.
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical - Real-time integration of 2D & 3D electrical system design.
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematics Professional.
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional - Document management.
- MicroStation - BIM ready models.
- SOLIDCAM Mill 2.5D.
- DraftSight - 2D CAD software
- 2 off 3D printers.
- Computer numerically controlled (CNC) multi-axis machining centre.