EPS has a wide area of expertise and knowledge in the switchgear industry
Our technical teams consists of 5 main areas of engineering expertise:
- Project management
Each area is headed up by appropriately qualified and skilled personnel whose responsibility is to deliver a high standard of customer service and support.
We invest in strong Project Management to support the technical departments and provide the customer with a robust track of milestones and progress reports using MS Project.
1 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We have two patents registered throughout the world including:
- WO 0223570 Circuit Breaker
- WO 9507542 Magnetic Actuator for circuit breakers
Many of our innovative designs enable our customers to receive patents for market leading products designed by EPS on their behalf.
Our Quality Management System is certified to ISO9001:2015 and provides a framework to ensure a disciplined process with accurate and detailed documentation.
EPS also supplies via the Rail Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme (RISQS) standard.
EPS provides a full design and rapid prototyping service allowing for shortened project lead times and cost benefits.
EPS exels in the following:
- Comprehensive and authoritative design consultancy on switchgear.
- Mechanical design
- Electrical design
- Insulation design
- Electronic design
- Design validation via:-
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) - static/dynamic and linear/non-linear.
- Finite Element Magnetics Method (FEMM).
- Electro Magnetic Simulation (EMS).
- Force and Motion Analysis.
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Full traceability of design state
- Rapid prototype development supported by CAD/CAM links to CNC machine centre and 3D printing
- Development of project technical documentation (O&M manuals, work instructions, assembly instructions, training documentation) using parametric software
- Development of maintenance and training utilising Virtual Reality tools
- Development of electrical design from single line diagrams (SLD’s)
- Generation of 3D drawings from 2D schematics
- Integration of standard or customised actuator designs into existing equipment
- Electronic/PCB development
- Compiling of customised software for switchgear applications
- Test and commissioning capabilities;
- In-house power frequency and partial discharge tests up to 100kV and insulation resistance tests to up to 10TΩ
- Temperature rise tests up to 2500A
- Close links with local ASTA certified HV and temperature rise laboratories
- Advice and support with international standards
- Type test preparation and support
EPS utilise the very best IT equipment and software to realise your project on time and on budget.
Our Enterprise Product Data Management (ePDM) system controls all documents throughout the product lifecycle, ensuring that you have complete traceability at all times.
In terms of project management, EPS can offer you:
- Milestone gates to track project progress and to keep a control of the costs.
- Dedicated Project Manager for the duration of your project utilising MS Project for reporting and tracking of milestones
- Appropriate focused skill sets deployed on each aspect of the project
- Robust project communications coupled with on-site meetings and/or online design reviews using web-based collaboration tools
- Document control and traceability using ePDM
- Quality procedures adapted to the project including risk assessment and KPIs.
To support the capabilities detailed in previous sections, EPS utilises the following tools and software;
- SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD - Powerful & intuitive 3D design software
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium - Design analysis software
- SOLIDWORKS Visualise Professional - Easy-to-use photorealistic rendering
- SOLIDWORKS Composer - Effective technical communication
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical - Real-time integration of 2D & 3D electrical system design
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematics Professional
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional– Document management
- MicroStation – BIM ready models
- SOLIDCAM Mill 2.5D
- DraftSight – 2D CAD software
- Main test equipment:-
- 100kV, 10kVA Transformer-discharge free
- Partial discharge meter
- 5kV insulation resistance up to 10TΩ meter
- Switchgear analysis
- 2off 3D printers
- Computer numerically controlled (CNC) multi-axis machining centre.
6 PERSONAL SKILLS WITHIN EPS
Every department in EPS is headed up by appropriately qualified and skilled personnel whose responsibility is to deliver a high standard of customer service and support. In addition to the technical capabilities within the company, EPS is proud to also have staff with excellent personal skills such as:-
- Creativity and innovation thinking
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Customer focused and flexibility
- Achievement orientation
- Continuous improvement
- Honesty and integrity